- PhD in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, physics, or equivalent.
- At least 7-8 years in therapeutic ultrasound research and product development experience
with applicable clinical relevance.
- Strong communication skills in written and verbal English.
- Theoretical and working (“hands-on”) knowledge and experience in many of the following
areas: acoustics, therapeutic ultrasound, imaging ultrasound, phased arrays and driving
electronics and design, ultrasound transducers, beamforming, bioeffects of ultrasound
(hyperthermia, ablation, rapid heating, sonoporation, agent delivery, tissue sensitization, nonthermal
effects, etc.), signal processing, acoustic system characterization, pre-clinical and
clinical protocol development and execution, experiment design.
- Strong software skills (Matlab/C/C++/C#/LabView), proven skills in real-time signal
processing, and experience with algorithm design and implementation.
- Solid understanding of therapeutic ultrasound system development, including prototyping,
pre-production development, and design for usability/manufacturability/serviceability.
- Regulatory background, preferred(FDA, CE, IRB, IACUC, CFR, etc.).